PETALUMA RECYCLING CENTER (PRC)
Established in 1974, the Petaluma Recycle Center serves as an employment and job training site for OADS employees with disabiities and serves as the primary recycling facility for Petaluma and the south Sonoma County area. The Recycle Center takes all recyclables with CRV, (CA redemption value) along with several other recyclable materials (please call for specifics on what we can accept). The Recycle Center is open 8 AM 5 PM Monday through Saturday.
- No foil, tin cans, pet food cans, or scrap metal
- No machine-crushed cans.
- No debris or liquids.
- Remove and dispose of bottle caps.
- Separate each plastic type #1 through #7.
- No broken glass or windows
- All loads valued over $100 are redeemable by check only. A CA drivers license or ID card is required. Load size is per vehicle and will not be split between customers.
- All loads valued over $50 require a CA driver’s license or ID card, or a CA license plate number.
- Loads contaminated with excessive moisture, dirt, sand, or other debris may not receive full redemption value.
- Loads containing mixed CRV and non-CRV materials of the same type are priced at a reduced rate.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON RECYCLING
- California Recycling FAQ
- Sonoma County Recycling Guide
- NPR – Why Can’t You Recycle Plastic Bottle Caps?
- Resin identification codes