UCP of the North Bay
Cypress School Update
May 8th, 2020
Dear Cypress Families:
- Reopening is unfortunately STILL undetermined. We are awaiting news from the State Governor and Superintendent. It’s frustrating that there’s no answer yet.
- We have been reviewing safe re-entry plans for Extended School Year possibly 6/22 and/or Regular School Year 8/18 and discussing how to implement at Cypress.
- Our ABA Summer Program June 8-19 will continue with Distance Learning for five hours per day 9-2pm. Becca (Rebecca) Wilson is the Director of that program.
- Becca has four Coordinators and three Behavior Interns helping to organize the ABA summer daily groups and individual Zooms, videos, phone calls and delivered/mailed activity packets. She also has four Senior Leads that will be also running groups and doing individual supports. We also have approximately 40 regular Teacher Aides who will be assigned zooms, phone calls, drop offs and videos. We will be having popcorn/movies on Fridays and daily activities including PE, Yoga, virtual field trips, lunch games, music, drama and art/crafts.
- Sarah Doherty, our Cypress Consulting Behaviorist (email@example.com), Jeff Eaton our BCBA Behavior Intern, (firstname.lastname@example.org I will be available for behavior supports throughout!!!
- Most ABA Summer participants are fully funded through the Regional Center, Kaiser and Partnership Health. If you have sent in your application you should be getting a confirmation from Becca. Becca’s email is email@example.com. We are currently sending 40 Behavior Reports in for our requirement for funding. We will contact you if there are any individual needs.
Best wishes to all of our families and students! We miss you!
Laura, Nate and Joe