UCP of the North Bay
Community Outreach Update
April 10, 2020
At UCP of the North Bay, we are extremely proud of our community; from our teachers, aides, and students, our Program Leaders and employees with disabilities, our Supported Employment community, and our Seniors, to our hard working Administrative staff. Everyone is doing their part to keep everyone safe, to shelter in place, and to stay home as much as possible, but stay connected.
We continue to take the health and safety of the people we support and our employees extremely seriously, so having a comprehensive response to the COVID-19 outbreak remains our top priority. We are constantly reviewing guidance from the CDC and other public health experts on the most effective ways to remain safe during the COVID-19 outbreak. Using that information along with internal conversations with key team members, we continue our proactive response for all employees on preventing community spread of this contagious virus. Please take seriously these recommendations for social distancing. #flattenthecurve. We are saving lives!
Public health organizations continue to make clear that we must continue to take preventive steps NOW to slow community spread. In addition, please check the UCP of the North Bay website for weekly updates from the Adult Outreach Program and the Cypress School Distance Learning School. Work hard, be kind, stay home, and stay connected.
- On March 16, 2020, the UCP of the North Bay Administrative Offices closed. Administrative staff are actively working remotely from home. We are available, via cell phone and e-mail, to assist the community as needed. We anticipate reopening June 2020. However, the situation remains very fluid. Communication will be updated every Friday.
- On March 16, 2020, all UCP of the North Bay Adult Day Programs closed, including OADS and the Senior Program in Sonoma County, WineBev Services in Napa County, and Gone for Good in Solano County. The situation remains very fluid and we will reassess in weekly increments. Communication will be updated every Friday, until reopening.
- On March 16, 2020, Cypress School closed and will remain closed until the end of the current school year. We still hope to reopen for summer school. However, the situation remains very fluid and we will reassess in weekly increments. Communication will be updated every Friday, until reopening.
- Should you have any additional questions, please contact, via email or text, your Program Coordinator, Manager, Administrator, or Director.
- We hope everyone’s attempts to slow the spread of the virus are effective and we can return to normal locations and hours as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
In addition to our internal response, we urge you to stay updated on the progression of the COVID-19 in the North Bay, California, and the United States and its impact on people with disabilities:
- People at Risk for Serious Illness from COVID-19 – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 5 Things To Know About Coronavirus And People With Disabilities – Forbes
- Webinar on COVID-19 Update and Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention