The UCP’s Young Benefactors group joined forces with young activists to find out what matters most to Generation X, Y, and beyond. The very exciting panel was made up some dynamic forces, including RJ Mitte, UCP’s new Celebrity Ambassador:
- RJ Mitte, UCP Celebrity Ambassador
- Michael Burke, Jr, Chair, UCP Young Benefactors
- Ryan Easterly, Senior Coordinator, Youth Transitions Initiative, HSC Foundation
- Nirvana A Cobb, Special Events Manager, UCP of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Stephen McWilliams, Producer/Director, Social Justice Film Center, Villanova University
- Greg Hannan, Disability Advisor, Villanova University
RJ Mitte, new UCP Celebrity Ambassador
Actor RJ Mitte stars on the Emmy-nominated AMC drama “Breaking Bad,” and recently became a Celebrity Ambassador to UCP on National CP Awareness day, March 25, 2011. Walter White Jr, Mitte’s character on “Breaking Bad,” has cerebral palsy on the show, and Mitte has a miler form of cerebral palsy in real life. In addition to UCP, Mitte is involved with several organizations that raise awareness of equality and diversity, and the prevention of bullying. He has been a featured guest speaker at an anti-bullying town hall discussion at the NAPT Annual Conference for school transportation professionals and has begun working with PACER’s National Center for Bullying Prevention on a national campaign designed to engage and educate those who see bullying – leveraging peer-to-peer support.
As a guest speaker of high schools, colleges, and universities around the country, Mitte openly talks about the ways he has overcome obstacles and how he has achieved his goals.